subhead

I am fine and healthy. I am a mom of two, a wife to a wonderful husband.
Now why do I want to rid my body of the parts that define my femininity?
I am BRCA2 positive and want to be around for a very long time. Thats why!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

18 days post op

I had my appointment with the PS yesterday. Things are healing fine and I'm doing well physically. He reminded us that this is a MULTI month recovery and not just a few weeks. I am still uncomfortable and can't sleep on anything but my back.

I think the worst is that I am miserable emotionally. I had sent out an email to close friends to gently remind them of my status and not to forget about me. Its scary how this situation really does show peoples real feelings. I really feel that its ok to say that you are friends with me and even say that you care. But seriously, when you know I have been home for at least 2 weeks and knowing that I would love company, even for 10 minutes, a FB 'how are you doing' just doesn't cut it.

anyways, its hard to move forward when there is not as much support and love coming towards you. I just want to roll over and it be 3 months later. I don't know what I want to do after this whole thing. I am thinking of unfriending those that i seriously thought did care on FB and giving them the same cold shoulder when i actually see them. Or do i just pretend that this never happened and look the other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment