subhead

I am fine and healthy. I am a mom of two, a wife to a wonderful husband.
Now why do I want to rid my body of the parts that define my femininity?
I am BRCA2 positive and want to be around for a very long time. Thats why!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 6 post op

Today was also ok. A little more drama but what do you expect From family? Seriously?

I woke up tired and groggy and sore from my one spot one position sleeps. I am hoping that after the drains come out I can sleep better). I really wanted to see people because I find that friendly faces pick my spirits up quite a bit. I find that after a visit I want to walk more around the level I am in. You know, good stuff.

Today aunt Barbara came and brought hubby her famous meatballs. I'm not a fan, but he loves them. I'm always out of ideas on what to feed me. Seems strange but I take care of all around me but can't figure what for me so I rely on cereal. A lot!

My neighbor brought over cut apples and they were perfect. Loved seeing them and to top it off I saw one of my force friends, Mollie. She was amazing and really a wonderful person. I just love having her in my life and such a supportive soul.

Anyways I get a call from cousin Lea who claims to know everything but I haven't seen her in months. I do holidays all the time and she hasnt ever came and I am never invited o er there. First she starts with how am I doing etc then she goes in with 'I didn't even know you were having this surgery' and it goes on from there. Why didn't I talk to her at my sil's graduation party that was a few weeks prior. I honestly didn't feel her party was the place to talk about breat cancer and my boobies being chopped off. Plus a phone call now and again wouldn't kill her. I'm always reaching out. It's not my fault that your too busy to call me back.

Anyways, big steps today. I had a bm! I feel like I am talking about my son and being very excited about this stuff but it's important.

My stitches itch, my chest area hurts and I am loaded on percocets for the night. I want to try to shower again tomorrow and I might actually get the hubby to shave my legs. I can't sleepp with prickles on my legs. At least I'm not asking in to do the drains. He loves me but he would only do my drains if I was physically incapable of doing and he would still wait a few days to be sure.

Tomorrow my friend ELISA is supposed to come by and I'll ask her to cut some apples for me too. She is bringing a fried egg sandwich and im so excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment