subhead

I am fine and healthy. I am a mom of two, a wife to a wonderful husband.
Now why do I want to rid my body of the parts that define my femininity?
I am BRCA2 positive and want to be around for a very long time. Thats why!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

minimizing

a day and a half away and now i am starting to get phone calls to wish me well and to tell me that people are thinking of me. The usual things like 'if you need anything' etc etc. I thank every one of you that call and say such nice and kind words. (not that any of you are reading this)

So I get a phone call from a family member and this person wishes me well and so on. Then asks how I am  doing. I go on to tell this person that I am doing alright considering this is a huge procedure and a long recovery which really requires a lot of attention to managing pain. I tell him I am more scared of the pain afterwards and hoping that the pain management put in place will be enough.

So this person goes on and on stating that if i think i am going to be in pain, i will be. That he has patients that worry about teeth extractions and the pain and then are surprised that the pain after is just uncomfortable and not real pain. SERIOUSLY?????? you are fucking comparing a DOUBLE mastectomy that also includes an incision from hip to hip to a tooth extraction?

Well this person and their significant other are on my 'Do not even ask me if i want to see/talk to them while i am recovering because i will rip them to shreds' list!

Fuck you!

No comments:

Post a Comment