subhead

I am fine and healthy. I am a mom of two, a wife to a wonderful husband.
Now why do I want to rid my body of the parts that define my femininity?
I am BRCA2 positive and want to be around for a very long time. Thats why!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

5 more days

5 days! I am getting all my questions ready for my plastic surgeon right now. We are meeting with him in about an hour. I hope i dont run out of there screaming, because i just might!

I got a call from the surgeon just a little while ago and my re-test of the BRCA 2 mutation gene is still there so this means that there is no doubt that I have it. I was doing some reading on the exact gene thread and it turns out that I have a 90% chance of breast cancer before I am the age of 42. Thats not even 10 years from now. I just cant believe this. If they didnt have this test, its is quite possible that my children would be growing up without me. Or not having me for those difficult years, you know, the teenage ones. I cry when i think about this. It makes me so thankful that we know what we know now and that the possibilities that could have been are just unthinkable.

I have to get through this! I have to be strong. I have to go puke now!

No comments:

Post a Comment