Today I got a visit from my very last monthly friend. How weird is that? I can say for a fact that I will not ever get it again. Its been a big part of my life. The uncomfortableness, The period panties will all go in the garbage. The loss of panties because i didnt realize i was so close to my poriod, the sore and swollen boobies just before it, the acne, the moodyness, the waiting for it to be over to have sex again or even be comfortable wearing something more than black jeans. The freaking out that I may be pregnant if my period is even 2 days late. You get the picture. But in a small way, very small way, i will miss it. Its a sign of youth to me. People who do not get their periods are 'old'. Im not OLD. Am i? I guess I am going to have to change my thinking, huh?
I realized today that I am going to be explaining this to my daughter and she is going to ask why I dont get my period. Do i tell her the truth? do I just say that she doesnt realize it? UGH! Now, because god forbid i get a single moment to myself, she sees me taking a pad off and she will run to where i keep them and get me a new one. She loves to open it for me. Its very cute. Its like a 'girl' thing. That would be a great way to start explaining the whole process. Ill find another way. I am sure she will take me from left field and ask me a scary 'where do kids come from?' years before i would expect it.
Now I am faced with the unknown. Am i going to be moody because the hormones are different? Am i going to have acne still or will it clear up for once?
Well, in a week, ill be enjoying the last of my sex life with estrogen. Then comes to uncertainty of what happens next. Heads up. A new me will be walking down the street!
No comments:
Post a Comment