subhead

I am fine and healthy. I am a mom of two, a wife to a wonderful husband.
Now why do I want to rid my body of the parts that define my femininity?
I am BRCA2 positive and want to be around for a very long time. Thats why!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

my choice = in control

Today I visited my therapist for the last time before my surgery. I think we were both expecting this session to be about calming my nerves and helping me get a hold of my thoughts and to just get through all this.

We were both pleasently surprised I think. She asked how I feel abouit all of this and so on and I actually took a moment and realized that I am calm. I am not nervous. I am OK with it. WOW! What a change. If you knew me you would think that I was bouncing off the walls already. But it really turns out that this is a surgery I have had complete control over. I have the information but actually doing the surgery is completely my choice. This means that I am in control and that If I choose to do it, then I can be nervous about the procedure and all the things that can go wrong, but I want to get it done. I dont have to please anyone, I dont have to be brave for anyone. This is for myself. I am doing this because I want it (did i say that already) I dont want to go with the other options and this IS the right option for me.

For once, I feel in control of something..and this something is BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment