subhead

I am fine and healthy. I am a mom of two, a wife to a wonderful husband.
Now why do I want to rid my body of the parts that define my femininity?
I am BRCA2 positive and want to be around for a very long time. Thats why!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just about ready

Yesterday I had my preop testing. A slew of questions from a nurse and a nice big blood draw. That made me beyond happy! The nurse was nice, told me what to expect that day and so on. Nothing exciting.

Today we met with my GYN. I love him. He sat us down and told us all the risks and reasons why we are doing this. He understood Ryan and I's humor. I mean we even asked if we can take the ovaries home in a jar. I feel confident and sure this is good and sane.

The only thing is that I have been through so much with him. I started to get all emotional inside. I tried so hard to hold it in. I do have to say that after talking to him, I am a bit more nervous. He is straight with me and no surgery is ever a sure thing to come out perfect.

Its becoming more real. Its almost here. All i have to do is straighten up, make sure there is groceries and laundry done. the kids schedules need to be written out. Doc says that i will probably be in bed mostly for about 3 days and then gradually starting to move around some more.

Ryan and I are a bit concerned because he wants to take a wait and see approach to the hormones. I thought he was going to start me on birth control right away, but he wants to see how my body reacts. Its going to be quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment