subhead

I am fine and healthy. I am a mom of two, a wife to a wonderful husband.
Now why do I want to rid my body of the parts that define my femininity?
I am BRCA2 positive and want to be around for a very long time. Thats why!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oncologist

Today i saw the oncologist that my GYN recommended. Well, not the one he wanted me to see because she threw her back out but another. Anyways, I am familiar with the practice because my mom was a patient there. They kept asking me what my moms name was and kept telling me that they remember everyone and then they couldnt remember her. Go figure. She was only a patient for a few months, unfortunately.

So I sat with this doctor and talked to her about options and the future and choices and steps and so on and so on and so on. Now I have a relationship, meaning a chart, with an oncologist so if i need one, they will take me. Yippee!

It was just a recap of everything I know.... Take one step at a time, have the OOPH, then see how you feel. You dont need to rush into a PBM because the OOPH does reduce the risk of breast cancer a bit. I am young so dont go crazy. Take my time in decisions. She suggests the DEIP surgery also and says its the most visually aesthetic. And she has seen a ton of breast reconstructions.

She told me that it seems that i have a good handle on this. (like i needed to see another doctor just to tell me that) But I dont see her unless I get a diagnosis of cancer. She wants me to go get my Mammo after the OOPH and make sure i see the breast surgeon. She did say that the one i saw was highly recommended by everyone.

Well, thats it. I saw an oncologist. My OOPH surgery is less than a month away. The husband just sold my car today so maybe ill get a new car as a 'surgery' gift. HAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment