Do you remember my post about a family member totally minimizing my pain fears? Well, here is the post to refresh your memory. While i was recovering he had called and ryan gave me the phone to talk to him. He was asking how I was doing and I tell him that I was in a lot of pain and its hard to manage. Not surprisingly he says to me 'you are only in as much pain as you think you are!' WHAT THE FUCK? No, i wasn't in pain, i was just thinking i was in pain. Yea, ok!
So, I saw him yesterday and his daughter has recently had a major surgery of her stomach and i wanted to know how she was doing. I have to admit, i have been super busy and crazy with the Hurricane and having our lights out for 7 days, the start of school for the kids and I have gotten my crayons back online (and getting orders). But honestly, she never even called me once, sent me an email or anything. She was hearing of my recovery through family, or possibly her father telling her that i am only thinking i am in agony, but i really am fine and probably could run marathons. If she even cared at all.
So I asked about her and he says something to the fact that they haven't heard from us. I said that ryan has been emailing her and wishing her well and offering whatever. We sent her a get well bouquet etc etc. He started to say something and stopped himself. I swear he was going to say something that we should be calling him and not her. SHE LIVES ON HER OWN and is a big girl. Tonight I did finally make her a card that I have been meaning to make. I will send it out on monday.
Then he proceeds to tell me that she is in a lot of pain and the pain meds aren't cutting it for her. UH, HELLO!!!!!!!! Maybe she just THINKS she is in that much pain. Then tells me she will need another big surgery and so on and so on. He briefly asks how i am doing and i told him i am managing and i exaggerated me getting out of the chair as very uncomfortable. Told him that the incisions finally closed up (which is the truth) about a week ago. Then it was clear he had no idea what i went through because he went on and on about its all behind me blah blah. NO, I have another surgery. I have to go under again. I have to pull my husband out of work, again, to take care of my kids. I have to worry and wonder if anyone would even give two shits about me and wonder if i really am doing this for the right reasons. No one sent me cards, flowers, etc. THEY didn't even come to visit me or even ask to see me. Maybe i was just imagining the whole thing and it was all in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment