I took a break from writing and I am at a point where i need to get back into it..and i need to update you all on what is going on with me. Not that i have any readers but the 1 person i tell everything to.
I am doing ok with the menopause so far. I am hot all the time and i get hot flashes but I dont feel hormonal or out of balance. I have had some extreme ups and downs. My downs are severely triggered by some actions of the husband that i take as if I am not needed and useless and the world doesnt need me. I get out of the feelings and things seem to get back to normal. I am considering changing my meds to pristique or something in that family because i have exhausted all of the prozac family of meds and i am on the max amount of prozac right now. I think, after reading this paragraph over and over again that although we are primarily ok, we need counseling. My downs are getting too extreme and I am scaring myself.
We went to see a plastic surgeon on friday and we felt really good about him. He is THE practice to go to if you want a DEIP procedure. I have done my research and very comfortable with the practice. We have been talking about doing the mastectomy for awhile. Trying to decide when is the best time, why wait, why not wait..all those questions. We decided we wanted to do it this summer because the kids will have no responsibility, which means i wont have their responsiblity either. Like homework and so on.
We are looking to get a sitter for mira to get her to and from camp and to play with her and keep her occupied for a little while each day. We have other things to think about, but one step at a time right now. I have a new notebook where i am writing all the things down that i need to do before the summer.
By the way, i did call the doctor and told her to schedule it after June 24th which is jorys last day of school. She already told me that we are tentatively scheduled for June 30th! OH CRAP!
No comments:
Post a Comment